The Science of Pure Energy Ironman
and CELLIANT® Technology
CELLIANT technology is a remarkable breakthrough in sleep technology that allows the body to accelerate its recovery process with the help of infrared light. The presence of CELLIANT fibres in mattresses and bedding materials have been clinically proven in 9 peer-reviewed published studies across a number of institutions to promote recovery from physical exertion.
By converting the heat emissions produced by the human body into Far Infrared light (FIR), CELLIANT technology increases blood flow which provides numerous wellness benefits. This is because the converted FIR waves can penetrate the skin and sink deeply into affected tissue more evenly and consistently than any other form of energy on the light spectrum. CELLIANT fibres are able to convert heat into infrared energy by using thirteen thermally responsive minerals that are directly woven into the core of the fibres. These fibres are then woven into fabrics where they can be placed near the body and increases cellular oxygenation, allowing a person to recover quicker. Below you can find clinically proven examples of the effectiveness of CELLIANT technology in terms of increasing both cellular oxygenation and the recovery process of a person who is exposed to the material for a certain amount of time.
The Benefits of Celliant
• Increase tissue oxygenation by an average of 8.4%*
• Stimulate quicker recovery
• Heighten strength and athletic performance
(University of Calgary)
• Balance body temperature
• Improve sleep quality
(University of California)
*Source: Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Far-Infrared Emitting Ceramic Fabric Shirts and Control Polyester Shirts on Transcutaneous PO2, Dr. Ian Gordon et al, Long Beach VA Memorial Hospital, Journal of Textile Science and Engineering, 2014
The present study has added to the body of evidence that suggest that IR-emitting garments can exert real measurable physiological effects, and deserve further study for medical indications.
Raw Ingredients of CELLIANT & The Manufacturing Process
The key to CELLIANT fibre’s effectiveness in promoting the natural recovery process of the human body are the heat responsive materials that are uniquely combined to create a one of a kind material that works in tandem with the natural, heat emitting processes of the body.
Thermo-reactive minerals are selected. These include:
Converting the powdered minerals (shown above) into a fibre that can be added to the CELLIANT yarn.
Thermo-reactive minerals are ground and mixed into a fine powder.
The CELLIANT powder is combined with liquid Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET).
CELLIANT Staple Fiber
A fine fibre is extracted from the masterbatch and prepared to be woven into yarn.
3. CELLIANT Yarn
The final stage of the process involves combining the staple fibre with the yarn and weaving it into the fabric of the mattress, sock, etc.
Observe the end result under 2,000x magnification.
- Specifically formulated, worldwide patent-protected mineral compound.
- Micron-sized particles are embedded into fiber during extrusion. Average size of each CELLIANT particle is one micron.
- A permanent part of the fiber, lasting the life cycle of the material. The CELLIANT minerals never washout, meaning no special laundry instructions required.
- A human hair is between 40-120 microns.
2,000x magnification of a cross section of CELLIANT Fibers
Transmitted light images of CELLIANT Fiber in place polarized light (n=1.544)
How CELLIANT Works
CELLIANT Fibers are created from natural minerals and embedded into polyester fibres.
CELLIANT fibers absorb energy from the body.
CELLIANT converts the energy into a form usable by the body.
CELLIANT recycles this usable energy back to the body.
This recycled energy triggers natural chemical reactions in the body.
These reactions result in increased blood flow and oxygenation into the tissue.
As stated above, there are multiple examples of clinical studies where CELLIANT Fibers proved to live up to their abilities. Below are nine examples of clinical studies that verified the positive effects of CELLIANT fibres on the human body’s recovery process:
• A Single Center Comparative Study to Evaluate the Performance of CELLIANT Fibers, Dr. Ian Gordon and the WIRB (2013) (Pending Publications)
• Impact of CELLIANT Socks on Subjects feet with the Application of CELLIANT, Dr. Li Shaojing (2012)
• Effect of CELLIANT on Pain and Strength in subjects with Chronic Wrist and Elbow Pain, Dr. Ian
• Effect of Shirt with 42% CELLIANT Fiber on TCPO2 Levels and Grip Strength in Healthy Subjects, Dr.
Ian Gordon (2011)
• Influence of CELLIANT on Athlete Performance and Recovery, Dr. Darren Stefanyshyn and Dr. Jay Worobets (2011)
• Pilot Sleep Study, Dr. Marcel Hungs (2009-2010)
• Effect of thermally Modified Polyethylene Terephthalate Fiber Socks on Chronic Foot Pain Study, Dr. Ian Gordon (2008)
• CELLIANT Study of Thirteen (13) Healthy Subjects, Dr. Graham McClue (2005)
• CELLIANT Blood Flow Study, Dr. Lawrence Lavery (2003)
The Power of Infrared Light
The same type of light that shines on the Earth from the Sun that provides the planet with energy that allows life to grow is harnessed by CELLIANT technology and used to directly affect a person’s recovery process. We absorb the Sun’s energy each day through our skin, which allows us to recover our bodies on a cellular level. Now thanks to CELLIANT technology, humans can capture the power of the sun to quicken recovery, promote a restful sleep, and increase energy levels while they sleep.
Oxygen’s Role in Recovery
We breathe oxygen constantly in order to maintain our respiratory systems and stay alive, but there are a number of other ways oxygen can help keep our bodies functioning properly.
Aerobic & Anaerobic Energy – Phosphagen, Glycolytic and Oxidative Phosphorylation Systems
There are three major energy systems in the human body that yield ATP (adenosine triphosphate: the body’s energy source) known as the phosphagen system, glycolytic system, and oxidative phosphorylation. These systems are particularly important to athletes, because each system is used differently at different intensities, often depending on the sport. Clinical studies have shown that the application of CELLIANT fibres can enhance the energy production of each of these systems, allowing for improved stamina and muscle recovery during athletic training specific to multiple sports.